Monday, November 24, 2008

WeDdiNg

I’ve been busy with attending weddings last weekend, one was my dear cousin brother wedding ^^ which I was really enjoyed myself being there, is a buffet style vegetarian dinner, the food is damm nice. The other one was my far relative wedding, I was representing my mom coz she was not feeling well on tat nite, and bcoz of this wedding dinner, I’ve been more determined and persisted in that I’m not goin to have my wedding dinner in the Chinese style. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Back to the wedding dinner, it stated in the invitation card that the dinner will start at 7pm sharp. Thus, my dad and I arrived at the community hall around 6.55pm. Guess what, there are only 20% of the dinner tables being occupied. What the hell is going on??!! It was only 5 minutes just before the wedding dinner started, where’s the rest of the 80%??!!! Stil lengan-lengan at home or being trap in the traffic jam? Ooppss….you can’t use traffic jam as excuse, here is TAIPING, not KL!!!!! And where’s the bride and bridegroom, aren’t they should at the hall before 7pm? welcoming the guest and get ready for the dinner.


7.30pm, started to see people keep coming in, whose were already late for 30 minutes, but those people still can walked in with no guilty, damm muka tebal lo! I’m not a patience person, I don’t like to wait and I don’t like my friend waiting for me as well, so I’ll always make sure myself puncture for every appointment. My face turned black, and my hungry poor little cousin sister started to grump. My dad kept comforting us and said that being late is our Chinese culture. Geram!!! The most ridiculous thing is the bride and bridegroom arrived at the hall at 7.50pm. WTF!!!! Hey, is you asked the people being punctual but at the end is you yourself being late and let us waited you for so long!!! Bloody Hell(which shirlexia always said, shirlexia borrow your words kejap har)!!! It just like you paid for the show but the show has been delayed for 50 minutes! Should ask mom no need to give so much in ang pao!


The dinner started at 8pm, which already late for 1 hour. There were altogether 8 dishes and all the dishes were terrible and suck!!! The shark fin was so small which can’t be visible by using eyeball technique. The portion of every single meal was so little as kid meals T_T. I din feel full at all after the dinner. It just like you paid for the show but the show only performed half way then the end abruptly.


There’s 1 thing I cannot tahan is the karaoke band invited by the host. The sounds system was dreadful, and the singers were bloody terrible. The way they dressed up was just like la la zai and la la mui, no taste at all and no sense in color mixture, my grandma even dressed better than them. I don’t think their voices are very good. Can you imagine a guy with 徐天’s voice singing 王力宏’s 愛你就等於愛自己? Watlao, really OMG, 沒眼睇! You are torturing my ears, can’t you guys just shut-up, what I want is try to enjoy my dinner, hope to finish it quick and cabut. It was the most suffer dinner I have ever had in my life. It just like you paid for the show but there’s people keep chatting, somebody cell keep ringing during the show. Very annoying rite?


There’s 1 more thing which I really don’t like during the wedding dinner is the yum sing session. I don’t know what the meaning of the yum sing is lo, I just feel like it kinda of meaningless and lame act. If yum sing really can bring you luck, wealth, joy and happiness in your future life then I don’t mind everyday yum sing with you. But the fact is it doesn’t!!! Then what’s the point asking people shouting yum sing unwillingly together with you? Can’t you just let people eat in peace? It just like you are watching the show but there’s people keep walking thro and fro in front of the screen. Really bo syiok rite? Ka ka ciao ciao...


I hate the MC as well; he kept asking the married couple saying and doing some cheesy things on the stage. He wanted them kiss kiss in front of all the guest some more. Haiyo…..please la, I don’t think this is funny lo. Those tacky thing please close the door and do it at home, I’m not interested and don’t want to see at all. At the end of the wedding dinner, that brainless MC asked all the best mans and bride maids come to stage and sing 朋友 (friend) to the married couple. What the heck!!! Aren’t they should sing love song instead of 朋友! I can’t get what’s the message the MC want to convey by using this song in a wedding ceremony, which I used to sing during my convo or farewell party = _=’’’ It just like u paid for Mamma Mia but somehow the cinema is showing Madagascar. Mamma Mia, here I go again suddenly went into I want to move it move it….


What a ‘great’ wedding dinner I had. I swear I myself won’t go into this way for my wedding dinner and luckily my dear already agreed earlier on ^^ What I want for my wedding? It’s very straight and simple, just like me. Wheee……..


I will separate it into 2 parts, family and friends. For my family and relative sites, I would like to have a buffet style dinner in my own house garden. I wana make it as a small Taiping Food festival with hired those famous and delicious food stalls like satay, ais kacang, char kuey tiaw, roasted meat, lok lok, oyster fried and etc to participate in my wedding. You can eat what you want to eat and as much as you can. Ohya, I wana decorate my garden in the way as sophie’s did for her wedding dinner in Mamma Mia.


Hehe…for friends part. I wana make it in a pub and bistro, for e.g the Sanctuary. After having the thai buffet style dinner, it’s party time!!! For those clubbing kaki, you can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life in the dance floor in the tehno music. For those who prefer to drink, you can enjoy the drink and liquor apart from the dance floor. Let’s have a memorable night 2gether with me and my hubby =)


Ohya, I’m not gonna wear heels for my wedding. I hate heels. My hubby and I will wear my favourite NIKE sneakers in our wedding (I swear I already had this idea before I watch Forensic Heroes) since I was a NIKE hard core fans as I started to play basketball, when I was 10. And I hope my guest will wear their sneakers too, any brand will do. Let’s have a memorable and unforgetful sneakers wedding party with me. Wakaka…. =)) Just do it!!!


my fav worn out NIKE sneakers, which has followed me wherever I go for 4 years...


So, no waiting, no stupid karaoke band, no awful and little foods, no yum sing in my wedding. Stay tuned for my wedding, I will let you guys know when the time is ;) (at least 5 years from now, in the case that without any ‘accident’)


P:S No offence for those who are going to have their wedding dinner in Chinese style. I just speak out how I feel, I’m sure you can do much more better than them =)

13 comments:

Kway said...

不好意思剛看到你在我部落格的留言=D 哪里的同鄉
華人傳統式的婚禮是真的多了很多瑣碎的東西
你的Nike鞋美下XD

Hayley said...

this is the chinese culture my fren. the invitation card stated 7pm sharp. but, usually we can only start eating after 8pm.
cool down~

(p/s: so u make sure next time during ur wedding, u will be there at 7pm lo ;p)

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

kway
wahaha...it's ok. how's ur STPM exam? ok bo?
i found that u are from Taiping as well, aren't u?
謝謝讚賞! ^^
hope can hear from u soon (n_n)

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

york mei
don worry. i'll make sure i'll be there an hour b4 my wedding. I promise i wont be late ;)

大頭 said...

I can't stop laughing when i reading ur blog la hahahahahahahaha

complain sooooooo much LOL

but i like the yum sheng part leh, damn siok. XD

Like wat I always saids "malaysia chinese religion and culture"

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

bigshow
ya i know this is so called the malaysia chinese culture, but now in this modern days why don ppl just ignore those meaningless things but keep the good ler. really 'bo beng pek' lo....
ok, since u like the yum sing part, i'll yum sing wif u in my wedding ya. purposely and specially 4 u.muz empty the bottle ya.wahaha ;)

lala said...

This entry is so damn funny... e.g. "eyeball technique" and "my grandma dressed even better than them".
I cannot tahan, hehe.
Ok then, I'll be sure to pakai my sneakers in 5 years time.. ;)

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

hello lala,
thanks 4 ur comment.wahaha...
btw can i hv ur identification pls, so tat i wont surprise 2 c in my weddings 5 years later ;)

Anonymous said...

lala was me!!! dunno why it turned out as lala heheh :Dirks

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

i c...haha.lala...cute nickname
hey, when u wana start ur 1st blog? i'm looking 4ward on it

Kway said...

now still exam-ing lor not doing well
actually ~3~ this week last paper already
Ya.But actually living in Kuala Sepetang.
If result come out and was't too bad
i will post in my blog XD

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

don worry, if u think u can, u can!!!
good luck for ur next paper, i'll pray for you.
wa...kuala sepetang is famous of seafood,yummy....

Anonymous said...

totally agreed with you... chinese style wedding dinner is NO NO...