Sunday, October 26, 2008

An artistic s@tuRday

26th Oct 2008 Saturday

Woke up around 8 in the morning, but it's hard for me to leave my warm and balmy blanket, so i decided to snooze for a another couple of minutes, and made my cell alarm snoozed as well. haa..

Okie...finally it's time to get up, after my alarmed rang for 10 times and started annoying me, and it's already 9.10am. Ohh....i gotta be quick!

Just before i wana step out from my house, Tania called and told me that the Bijoure Bazaar had been canceled for this weekend (arghhh...), so we decided to go to central market since we are looking for some art stuff.

Between, ummi, wednesday, chaosis, big show, xnos and his sister were joing us for this artistic tour as well. The more people. the more merrier, yay... =)

This is the 1st time I met xnos (the toilet paper guy) in real person, get to know about this artistic guy thro wednesday's blog. He is very talented in T-shirt design and his designs are marvelous. Furthermore, he is totally not the look which i imagined ~ skinny, tall, unshaven, sloppy and rough, based on the impression he gave me while I'm reading his blog. In adverse, he is a gentle and soft-spoken little boy =P

There's alot of art-deco in the central market, and it's really opened and caught my eyes. But most of the stall's owner not allow us to take picture with their goods. But I'm still managed to take some, haha...being obedient is not my style.

Masks which make me thinking of the movie "scream"

the china street which selling variety of chinese art-deco


We bumped into some interesting shops and stalls as well.

an antic shop, selling those ship wrecks 250 years ago

a stall which selling some freaky but cute dolls keychain

i brought them home with me, the witch and the pirate

Tania and Ummi were attracted by those batik kebaya. Ummi commented that the price was a bit expensive and not worth with the clothes material. So gals, pandai pandai la. Bargain before u buy.

batik printed flowers

We saw these 2 antic motors at the 2nd floor
and I couldn't stop myself riding on the bike before the people 'shewwww...' me away =P


After hanging around in central market, we moved on to The Annexe, an art gallery which located just behind the central market. It acted as center for contemporary art. Tania and I were fascinated by some painting by a sifu from shang-hai, and we decided to take them home, in happily and satisfaction ^0^
1 of the painting, with great sense of chinese new year

the painting i bought. Whee....


There's an exhibition of painting from the patient whose undergoing psychiatric treatment in UM. The exhibition hall was so comfy with dim light. We decided to take a break and shooting in this cozy hall.
the paintings by those psychiatric patients

a bunch of nuts bz painting on the wall xD

nuts and nerds

big show lying on the sofa comfortably

We ended our explore in the art gallery by signing up the guest book.
Picture grabbed from wednesday

What an artistic saturday we had. I will visit The Annexe again very soon. For the arts lover, you guys can log onto http://www.annexegallery.com for more information. As I know, there's lot of interesting events and exhibition coming soon. Stay tuned and hope can see you guys there ^^

8 comments:

大頭 said...

哎哟,你把我的睡美男的玉照post上来。我会不好意思的啦

Hayley said...

very nice photos!!

xnos said...

哈哈。。真的蛮开心的!!我可是第一次出去拍那么多照片,而且我是在照片里的。。因为自己不爱拍照。。^^
感觉你们都很nice。。哈哈!!谢谢哦!

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

大头
haiyo...不用不好意思啦!po 上来顺便帮你找看有哪位公主要吻醒你 xD

Hayley
thanks ^^

xnos
不用客气。很开心认识你!
一个这样有艺术气息的厕纸男。^^
p:s 下次再抓你去拍照,哈...

xnos said...

艺术气息?哈哈。。恐怕我是个不知羞的家伙吧!!哈!!
你也很喜欢画画吗?。。

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

我还蛮喜欢画画的,之前曾经拜师学画五年。
哈...但作品还是难登大雅之堂

xnos said...

哇!!还拜过师哦?。。我也要找个师来拜。。哈哈!!
没关系。。慢慢来!迟早的事而已。。
我也在努力中。。希望可以有少少成就。。哈!!
大家一起努力吧。。

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

哈...你知道吗?我的师傅他叫阿喵。现在已经成家立业变成家猫了,不再是野猫,也生了几只小猫。再也没收猫徒了。
希望可以很快设计我第一件T-shirt,草图已经在脑海里了,还没把它画出来。
画好了再请你指教指教。
我们一起加油吧!